A gentler rant  

Posted by Tin Magpie in ,

Well, I made a custom banner for this blog but apparently it won't work with the template I'm using...sad. But here it is anyway
I had fun with it.

As I've stated before, this blog is tracking my progress on steampunking a laptop, yet the title says it's a journey. The other reason (as I've stated before) is to explore this subculture. I've made it a point to slink (and even comment sometimes!) around the Brass Goggles forum. Those of you that are new to steampunk should give it a gander! I recommend a couple of threads to start off with
I've learned a lot from just perusing around the forum, a lot about the trends and fashions of the genre. About what is gluing-gears-to-things "steampunk" and what's using-gears-on-things Steampunk, and clockpunk vs steampunk vs dieselpunk and the street-urchins, the scientists, the dapper-dan punks of Steampunk (pg 8) about gears and spray-painted nerf guns amongst other projects people start off with. It's definitely been an adventure, like walking into a different country and having to learn and respect all the cooky stuff you don't understand just yet.

That was link-tastic!

This entry was posted on 3.4.10 at Saturday, April 03, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment