Slowly...  

Posted by Tin Magpie in , ,

Now that I've moved away from my main supply of handy tools, working on the laptop is getting slower and slower. I did manage to work on it a little though! I drew up a art nouveau-esc border for the keyboard part of the laptop (Sorta like the image to the left) and cut out the stencil shapes. I traced them onto a couple sheet of brass I got at Ben Franklin forever ago. I wish I had pix, but the ones I took with my phone got corrupted and won't transfer to my comp: bummer. Let's use our imagination.
So, I traced out my swirly pretty design and got my faithful tin snips and started to snip away. Easy thought then done. Whilst cutting around my fluid shapes, razor sharp copper was curling around and stabbing my hand. I was sure I was going to slice open at least my finger, but I made it out without a scratch. Because of the bulk of the tin snips and the rigidity of the copper, I wasn't able to get a smooth line on some parts. I tried to file them smooth, but it seems I'll need to find another tool to clean up the edges.

That's all I got for now. I don't know why I keep hesitating on cutting out the wood for the keyboard. I guess I'm afraid of having to buy more expensive craft wood if I mess up. I did stumbleupon a neat touchpad idea! I don't think I'll do it, but had I known about it before I glued my keyboard, I probably would have given it a shot!

  • Hours: 2 movies - 31 total
  • Out: Still 106.82!

This entry was posted on 30.8.10 at Monday, August 30, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment